Thursday, July 23, 2009

One More Sleep.

So, tomorrow is the big day. Everything prepared, we're all ready. And excited of course. If we have forgotteon to pack something now, then it's too late, it gets left behind cos I ain't going near those bags again until I have too!

By the way, when did packing become so stressful? I remember the good old days when you could turn up to the airport with a bag the size of a house, no-one cared about weight and it was all happy days. Different story now. Mum / Nette & Michelle got stung at the airport last friday for £40 because one of their bags was over weight, despite the fact they were travelling as a group who were all checking in together and the other bags were under the allowance. I bet it was Michelle's that was the heaviest bag!

So, I called British Airways to check and apparantly now they don't combine the weight of the luggage for people in your party, each bag is weighed seperately, so much of today was spent distributing weight evenly over 3 bags to make sure they were all under 23kg.

Whoever came up with that idea needs to go on a common sense course! Maybe they could get an autistic teenager to re write their policy. (For those reading and who don't live in Jersey - you will have no idea what that means!)

Yesterday we went abseiling. I thought if we are going to lower ourselves from the top of Table Mountain on Sunday, probably best to get a little practise in. We abseiled of the rock face at St Catherines and it was great fun.

Kieran has been really excited all week and has been providing a consistent countdown of days and checking to make sure I have packed his favourite shorts/t-shirts etc. Of the 3 of us he is the only one that has been to SA before albeit he was a toddler when he went last time, but he swears he remembers. We are all quite used to travelling to Africa though; we had a count up the other day, this will be Kieran's 7th trip to the continent, Dan's 9th, and my 23rd time.

Of course Dan is so laid back, I thought I had better remind him that we're actually going tomorrow. Just incase he had forgotten!

Early nights for us all tonight as we need to be at the airport by 6:00am. Zoltan, if you are checking in, don't forget to pick up my car for me tomorrow!

Cheers all, next time I add to this we should be in Cape Town

No comments:

Post a Comment